Monday, August 9, 2010

It's offish, I'm off!

Bonjour tout le monde!

I have officially received my invitation to serve in the Peace Corps.  I will leave on September 16th for Philadelphia for a two day orientation.  On September 18th, I'll leave for TOGO!

Once in Togo, I'll have 3 months of training before I'm off to the location where I'll live for the next 24 months. I am assigned to the Girls' Education and Empowerment (GEE) program and I'll be working as a Girls' Education Extension Agent.

Other than that, I'm kind of up in the air about details still.  I am now in the process of applying for my visa and passport, packing up everything I don't think I can live without for the next 2 years, eating as many tex-mex meals possible,  trying to find enough concentration and time to study to take the GRE before I leave, and coming to terms with all the things I'm totes going to miss (primarily all the wonderful people in my life).

Until next time!

P.S. Pardon my Togo to-go pun....you know me and puns :) Also if you google image search Togo, you'd be surprised how many fast food to-go pictures that pop up.

No comments:

Post a Comment