Friday, April 20, 2012

Fully Funded!

The science lab project has been fully funded!! I don't know how to say thank you to everyone who donated; it was such a surprise to see it get funded so fast! I'm one lucky girl to have such an enormous amount of support from home.

Here is the classroom that we will be turning into a science lab:

The floors will be cemented (it's just a dirt floor now), and 5 tiled lab tables will be installed with a sink in each one.  

In addition to the classroom, the school donated a storage closet and an office.  We'll put the science materials in this closet.  


I now have one more community meeting and construction will begin once I receive the money! I'll continue to post pictures as we go along.  It's so exciting to see this project come together.  I remember when I first got here talking to Djeri (the science teacher) about the possibility of putting a science lab at the high school.  I wanted to wait until I was sure the community was motivated and that this would be a worth-while and sustainable project.  After being here for a year and a half and working with the science club and the school, I'm really excited to see this project take off.  This is truly a community worth investing in, with motivated and dynamic members!  Thanks a million times for all the support everyone has shown me and my community!

No comments:

Post a Comment